Class 2 Sound Level Meters
A class 2 sound level meter will be designed to meet the requirements of IEC 61672-1:2002 (or the equivalent BS EN 61672-1:2003) standard and will meet the performance requirements that are in this standard for a Class 2 instrument.
The older sound level meter standards IEC 60651 and IEC 60804 used Type rather than Class but these standards have been superseded by IEC 61672-1:2002. A Type 2 sound level meter would be roughly comparable to a Class 2 instrument but it would not be able to fully meet the lastest standards.
Typically, Class 2 Sound Level Meters are suitable for occupational noise measurements such as the UK Controls of Noise at Work Regulations. You can read more about what noise measurement instruments are required for the Noise at Work Regulations here on our blog.
You can read posts on our Blog about the differences between class and type in sound level meter standards as well as other posts about standards and noise measurement instruments. click here to visit our blog.
Optimus Red Sound Level Meter
All the functions needed for occupational noise measurements
- OSHA HC & PEL, MSHA & ACGIH Noise Exposure Assessments
- Hearing Protector Selection using HML or 1:1 Octave Band Methods
- Noise Ordinance & Community Noise Assessments
All the functions needed for environmental noise measurements
- Environmental noise impact assessments over short or long periods
- Tonal analysis using 1:3 Octave Band Filters
- Detailed analysis using Audio Recording
find out more…